Thursday, July 12, 2012
Thursday, December 22, 2011
I have found that there is only one thing that heals every problem, and that is: to love yourself.” – Louise Hay
As artists... it is sometimes a real challenge to keep actions that show love for ourselves, on the "TO DO" list....with projects and plans and always dipping our imaginations into the sea of infinite, artful possibilities. The article below, I feel, will help set the New Year off right for all my artsy-fartzy friends.., me included! Some very great ideas and we don't have to do them all! I found that to be a bit overwhelming! Letting our imaginations soar with all the ideas in the below writing, may have us creating some new and wonderful habits that we instill for ourselves in 2012~ A big high-five to Marelisa Fabrega for writing this!
Marelisa holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., as well as a Juris Doctor from the Georgetown University Law Center. She lives in the Republic of Panama. Marelisa blogs about creativity, productivity, and getting the most out of life over at Abundance Blog at Marelisa Online.She's the author of the eBooks "How to Live Your Best Life - The Essential Guide for Creating and Achieving Your Life List", and "Make It Happen! A Workbook for Overcoming Procrastination and Getting the Right Things Done".
ENJOY! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Contrary to popular belief, you
don’t have to make drastic changes in order to notice an improvement in the
quality of your life. At the same time, you don’t need to wait a long time in
order to see the measurable results that come from taking positive action. All
you have to do is take small steps, and take them consistently, for a period of
Below you’ll find 60 small ways to improve all areas of your life in the
next 100 days.
- Day 1: Declutter Magazines
- Day 2: Declutter DVD’s
- Day 3: Declutter books
- Day 4: Declutter kitchen appliances
- If you take it out, put it back.
- If you open it, close it.
- If you throw it down, pick it up.
- If you take it off, hang it up.
- A burnt light bulb that needs to be changed.
- A button that’s missing on your favorite shirt.
- The fact that every time you open your top kitchen cabinet all of the plastic food containers fall out.
- Eating your lunch outside.
- Calling your best friend to chat.
- Taking the time to sit down and read a novel by your favorite author for a few minutes.
- How many times do you beat yourself up during the day?
- Do you have feelings of inadequacy?
- Are you constantly thinking critical thoughts of others?
- How many positive thoughts do you have during the day?
- Go to the grocery store with cash and a calculator instead of using your debit card.
- Take inventory before going to the grocery store to avoid buying repeat items.
- Scale back the cable.
- Ask yourself if you really need a landline telephone.
- Consolidate errands into one trip to save on gas.
- Pay down your debt, if you have any.
- Put it toward your six month emergency fund.
- Start setting aside money to invest.
- Ideas for writing assignments.
- Appointment dates.
- To Do list items
- Income-Generating Activities
- Watch no more than half-an-hour of television a day.
- Spend no more than half-an-hour each day on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Stumbleupon.
- Spend no more than twenty minutes a day playing video games.
- What did you accomplish?
- What went wrong?
- What went right?
- When you walk to your car.
- When you walk from your desk to the bathroom.
- When you walk over to talk to a co-worker, and so on.
- Your weight.
- Your percentage of body fat.
- Your waist circumference.
- Say “I love you” and “Have a good day” to your significant other every morning.
- Hug your significant other as soon as you see each other after work.
- Go for a twenty minute walk together every day after dinner; hold hands.
Hoarding Cleanup Services - Hoarding Cleanup Specialists (877) 800-8110 www.cendecon.com/hoarding
Monday, October 31, 2011
So here she is with the weather stripped hair. I let her reveal herself to me...That is one thing about art.... you must first
from all the noise
So this is what came through!!
|Hi! I am Penelope!|
Friday, July 15, 2011
A lot has transpired since then! I will NOW show you an idea that flew into my brain... on making tags for my art box's or for any box, as far as, that goes! So go now and put on the tea...and grab your art bag full of tools and glue and brushes and mandatory art paraphernalia!
1-5 or A-E (Five Boxes)
|Your old messy art closet ...|
Can be transformed into a beautiful thang!!
All you have to do is....
Thursday, June 2, 2011
|A is for ART and quite frankly..what the hell else is there?|
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
This morning I woke up to the birds outside my window, here in Portlandia ....whistling dixie! They were so ham dappy it made me happy and I could not wait to jump out of my bed and call my brother to ship my art supplies to me....! One of the FASTest WAYS TO GET YOURSELF MOVING and into your NEXT WORK OF ART IS TO...yep, you guesster, chester!!!!
Hugh will show you just how to do it!
Yes....that was whistling dixie!!!
Keep Creating BIG THINGS!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
If you found your way to this sight..this card is for you.
Your True Self. Radiant.Powerful.Successful. Intellegent.
Now shining through the surface. Allow your true self to be visable to others.
For you lift them and inspire them.
You are awesome in so many ways and you are beginning to find your true nature more easily.
At one time, you may have believed that you had to hide your true feelings from others ( or even from yourself ) Now, however you realize how vital and attractive expressing your authentic self is.
This is from a deck called Healing with the Angels. Have a radiant, powerful, successful, joyful day!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Watch the video and see the magic happen!
You are just one creative project away from "Lifting Your Vibe".
Find your artsy fartsy self and CREATE!!!!
Peace In You!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Today I celebrate my friend......No,... it is not her birthday or anything special...just a winter day for her back in "The Tuck" but I wanted to CONNECT back to my ART BLOG by celebrating and sharing her wonderful ART. I think what she draws is AWESOME!!!! Her name is Cowbells and she is a beautiful spirit...Circles of Light surround her...Love sent to you my friend ! STAY WARM!!! What unexpressed art is with-in you RIGHT NOW? Get to the drawing board, pull out your crayons and create!!!!! Time will fly and you will be in that JOY place!!!!! It is a beautiful thing!!! Thank you Cowbells for creating something that gives me joy!!!!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
SO VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS MANS VISION..YOU MAY BE TOO! This is purposeful art, at it's finest not to mention just plain COOL!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
ONE SIMPLE ARTFULL CREATION CAN CHANGE YOUR WHOLE DAY!.....ONE SIMPLE FEATHER IN YOUR CAP..
Friday, July 24, 2009
Hi! Welcome to my current Artsy Fartsy Home Staging and Selling Project and a veiw of my Art Space...
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009